How to Reverse the Curse of Stained Teeth from Smoking
Smoking is very bad for your health and it’s never good for your smile. Discover how to face the stains left by this harmful habit.
A Pack of Facts about Tooth Discoloration from Smoking
Face it, there’s a direct link between tobacco use and the discoloration of teeth. If you want to maintain a healthy, white smile, you should stay away from smoking and tobacco in any form. In addition to harming your overall health, tobacco affects your smile by causing periodontal disease and staining teeth with a yellow or gray tint. Smoking is clearly an ugly habit that you want to avoid or quit.
Help for Stained Teeth is at your Fingertips
Even though the risks of tobacco are very well known, some people would rather live with the health hazards and the discoloration of teeth than give up this dangerous habit. If you’re just not ready to quit, try these helpful tips to reduce tooth discoloration from smoking:
- Get regular, professional cleanings at least twice a year.
- Brush, floss, and use an antibacterial mouth rinse every day to help prevent plaque from building up on your teeth and holding onto stains.
- Brush your teeth after meals and cigarettes to reduce the stains that lead to tooth discoloration.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
A Whiter Smile is no Longer a Pipe Dream
Rather than huff and puff over the discoloration of teeth, discover effective treatments to whiten and brighten your smile. If you continue to smoke after whitening, stains often return and may require additional treatments. Ask your dentist about the following tooth whitening options:
- Professional tooth whitening by a dentist, which produces the fastest and whitest results.
- At-home tooth whitening kits, which can lighten minor stains, but may cause sensitivity.
- Over-the-counter whitening toothpastes, which may improve stained teeth and help prevent future staining, but may also make teeth sensitive.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Reading, call Gentle Dental of Reading today at (484) 334-2592 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Reading. With 14 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Reading, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Reading.